18 | 8 Salon — Men’s Hair Experts
Everyone knows that your hair is an essential part of your identity as a suave, modern gentleman. Many men, however, are concerned with how they can attain (or retain) that thick head of hair. Our hair experts at 18 | 8 Brookhaven Atlanta are here to help. Whether you are in need of haircuts, beard treatments, or any of our other men’s salon services, our staff is prepared to redefine your salon experience.
Reasons For Men’s Hair Loss
Many of our clients express concern when they notice their hair thinning. Often they are at a loss for why their hair is thinning and what they can do to slow down the process. There are a variety of factors that can result in hair loss, including…
- The toxins from cigarette smoke result in reduced blood flow to your hair follicles. As a result, smoking can dramatically increase your likelihood of hair loss.
- Certain medications’ side effects could include hair thinning. If you are on medication, speak to your doctor to learn about potential side effects.
- Male Pattern Baldness
- Male Pattern Baldness is the most common cause of hair loss for men. Beginning on the sides and spreading to the top, this hair loss condition typically results in baldness within 15-25 years. While there is no cure for Male Pattern Baldness, there are medications available to slow down the process. Additionally, you can speak with your Brookhaven Atlanta stylists about pattern baldness hairstyles to keep you looking your best.
- Stress is known for its negative impact on your health. Part of that includes your hair. Lifestyles saturated in stress can accelerate hair loss, so make sure you take some time to relax!
- Lack of Protein
- Your hair is made of protein fibers. If you don’t consume a sufficient level of protein in your diet, your body cannot produce strong, healthy hair.
While these are among the most common causes of men’s thinning hair, there are a variety of other possibilities. Speak with your men’s hair salon experts at 18 | 8 Brookhaven Atlanta for more specific information about your hair’s health.
Tips For Thicker, Healthier Hair
To get the hair of your dreams, you will most likely need to make a few lifestyle adjustments. The following suggestions are actions you can take to keep your hair healthy longer…
- Healthy Diet
- As mentioned, protein is one important component of a hair-healthy diet. Additional elements include fatty acids (found in fish, spinach, flaxseed, etc.), Omega 3, and vitamin C. You can supplement your diet with vitamins and even fish oil capsules for stronger, thicker hair.
- Avoid Heat
- Styling devices can barrage your hair with heat, which can damage your hair. If you use a hairdryer, for example, make sure you don’t focus on one spot for too long. If you decide to use heat-based styling devices, speak with our stylists about which products can protect your hair.
- Hair Products
- Hair products can restore moisture to nourish and repair damaged hair. The more natural the ingredients, the better it is for your hair. Avoid using products full of toxins that actually can be more damaging for your hair, accelerating men’s hair loss. View our full collection of quality hair products at 18 | 8 Brookhaven Atlanta.
- In addition to the number of other health benefits associated with exercise, it is known to improve your hair health! Regular exercise increases circulation, which promotes healthy blood flow to your scalp and hair follicles.
- Less Shampoo
- Contrary to popular belief, you can wash your hair too frequently. Ideally, only wash your hair every three days. More frequent shampooing can strip your hair of its natural oils, causing your hair to break more easily.
In addition to the above suggestions, 18 | 8 Brookhaven Atlanta offers a variety of services to improve your hairstyle and health. Learn more about our scalp treatments by speaking with our local staff.
Visit Your Men’s Salon In Atlanta!
Your hair is more than just an accessory–it’s part of your identity. At 18 | 8 Brookhaven Atlanta, we are dedicated to providing men’s salon services and treatments in a comfortable, relaxed environment. To learn more about our specials and services, contact us today! You can also book your appointment online. We look forward to working with you.