May is National Skin Cancer Awareness Month, and this is a cause we feel pretty strongly about at 18|8 Brookhaven – we are trained in spotting the early signs of skin cancer, after all. But preventing cancer, just like maintaining a great look, takes more than just the occasional visit to your Atlanta barbershop for a haircut or shave – it also takes the right routine. Here are a few tips for maintaining great skin all while helping to prevent skin cancer.
Skincare Secrets for Skin Cancer Prevention
- Hydrate: This is good for just about every part of your body. Drinking plenty of water helps keep your skin hydrated, providing a lush glow and preventing flaking.
- Moisturize: In keeping with hydration, moisturizing is key to healthy skin. Dry skin is always a bad thing, so don’t be afraid to start a moisturizing regimen if your skin could use some love.
- Sunscreen: Sunscreen is good for two reasons. First, it helps prevent skin cancer – which is a serious drag on skin. Second, by protecting your skin from the sun’s harsh rays, it keeps your skin looking healthier and younger, preventing wrinkles and fine lines from forming.
- Wash Well: Dirt, oil, and other irritants can easily accumulate on the face over time, and once their, they can clog pores and cause breakouts. Wash your face regularly in the morning, at night, and after a workout to keep pores clean and skin looking great.
- Get Some Sleep: Sleep is another one of those things that’s just good for your entire body. Staying well rested gives your skin time to repair itself, helping to prevent wrinkles and fine lines and keeping skin looking its best.
- Fruits and Veggies: Slow down there, meathead: you may need your protein, but when it comes to skin, fruits & veggies are key. Fruits and vegetables are loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that keep skin looking healthy, vibrant, and young – so eat up!
Contact Your Buckhead Fine Men’s Hair Salon
Of course, if you really want to get your skin looking incredible, it’s best to leave it to the pros. At 18|8 Brookhaven, we offer a suite of luxury facial and skin treatments designed to give your skin the hydration, minerals, and nutrients it needs to look it’s absolute best. Book your appointment online today, or if you still have questions on skin care, don’t hesitate to give us a call at (404) 481-5368. We’re looking forward to helping you look your absolute best, and until next time, we wish you luck in keeping your skin looking great and preventing skin cancer.
Very interesting subject, appreciate it for posting.
Comments are closed.