At 18|8 Brookhaven, our mission is to keep you looking your best every day of the year, and we design our haircuts, shaves, and professional grooming services to do just that. While some prefer a clean-shaven look, many men in Atlanta choose to wear a beard to complement their facial features and enhance their style. Beards are trendier now than they have been in decades – but to really keep your beard looking great, you’ve got to put in the time, effort, and maintenance. Here are our expert tips on keeping your beard on point every single day.
Top Tips for Caring for Your Beard
- Choose the Right Style: While you may prefer a mountain man look, most men will eventually choose to groom and style their beard – and to look your best, you’ll need to choose a style that matches your natural facial features. If you need help selecting a style that complements your face and hair, we’d be happy to help out with our beard trimming services.
- Trim the Hedges: After you select a style, you’ll need to maintain it by trimming your beard. With some practice, you can do this on your own, but we always recommend stopping by for a professional beard trimming service so we can show you the ins and outs of trimming like a pro.
- Lather, Rinse, & Repeat: While you may not think of this intuitively, your beard needs to be washed just like your hair does. Washing your beard with shampoo and conditioner a few times a week helps to clean away dirt, oil, and dead skin, preventing itchiness and keeping your beard looking silky smooth. For an even more powerful option, you might even consider one of 18|8’s facial skin treatments.
- Oil Up: Another important step for cleaning and protecting your beard is beard oil. It’ll provide some vital nutrients and help keep your beard clean and shiny. Plus, it smells awesome.
- Eat Right: Here’s an unconventional, but important, tip – you can even customize your diet to support your beard. While hair is mostly made up of proteins and fats, it’s also reliant on B vitamins. Opt for a diet rich in lean meats, free-range eggs, and healthy fish to give your beard everything it needs to look great.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Atlanta, GA Barbershop
Following these guidelines will help you keep your beard looking great 24/7, 365 days a year – but if you’re just getting started with growing or maintaining a beard, we’d recommend learning from the pros. As a premier barbershop in Atlanta, we help men throughout Brookhaven, Sandy Springs, and Buckhead look their absolute best, and we’d be thrilled to do the same for you. Give us a call at (404) 481-5368 if you have any questions on beard care maintenance, or if you’d like to come in for a shave or beard time, you can book an appointment online at our Brookhaven, GA barbershop. Until then, try putting some of these tips in action – we think you’ll like the results.